Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/25 06:30:44 UTC

[ANN] Struts 2 in Action now available

Chad, Scott, and I are pleased to announce the release of our book,
Struts 2 in Action, published by Manning Publications.

Struts 2 In Action introduces the Apache Struts 2 web application
framework and shows you how to quickly develop professional,
production-ready modern web applications.This book gently walks you
through the key features of Struts 2 in example-driven, easy-to-digest
sections.

Struts 2 in Action delivers accurate, seasoned information that can
immediately be put to work. This book is designed for working Java web
developers—especially those with some background in Struts 1 or
WebWork. The core content, covering key framework components such as
Actions, Results, and Interceptors, includes new features like the
annotation-based configuration options. You'll find chapters on Struts
2 plugins, FreeMarker, and migration from Struts 1 and WebWork 2.
Finally, new topics such as the Ajax tags, Spring Framework
integration, and configuration by convention give familiar subjects
new depth.

You can find the book at Manning's website [1], on Amazon [2], or any
major book retailer.

Don

[1] http://www.manning.com/dbrown/
[2] http://www.amazon.com/Struts-2-Action-Don-Brown/dp/193398807X

Re: [ANN] Struts 2 in Action now available

Posted by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com>.
Congrats Don, Scott and Chad!

I have already read it and definitely delivers full coverage of the core
topics. Don didn't mention that it also provides one of the best
explanations of the ValueStack and how it works with OGNL.

Great Job guys!

-Wes