Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by hema rengarajan <he...@yahoo.com> on 2005/09/25 22:10:33 UTC

basic doubt

Hi all,

Whats a CSV file which is referred often in the jmeter ?

Whats the basic difference in using "String from file and _CsvRead " functions?

If I understand rightly then _CSVRead is used to read in multiple
parameters !
So how do we create this CSV file?

---------------------------------
Yahoo! for Good

Re: basic doubt

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
CSV=Comma Separated Variables

The file can be created with an ordinary editor.

For example, you might want to create a file containing:
- username
- password
- account number

This could look like:

george,dread,01234567
andy,lock,9781623
jill,hilly,1234098

etc

The CSVRead function reads the entire file into memory, so is not
suited to very large files.
StringFromFile reads the file from disk, so can handle millions of
records if necessary.

The output from StringFromFile can be passed to the split() function
if you want to read multiple values from a single line.

However, you'll probably find it much easier to use the CSV DataSet
config element which was introduced in version 2.1.  This reads
directly from a file.

S.