Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by "RAYtracer__ .:<DREAMWALKER>:." <ra...@mail.ru> on 2001/09/03 18:27:33 UTC

problems with 'href', 'src' and ASP syntax

02.09.2001 14:27

hello, Embperl!

I like the ASP-style syntax much more than that of Embperl *sorry=)*
I've tried to rewrite some of my old Embperl code to ASP style but not
the whole code worked correctly after that, here an example:

the Embperl code
        [* $THEURL='http://far.away'; *]
                [+ $THEURL +]
        </a>
becomes:
                http://far.away
        </a>

but the same with ASP
        <% $THEURL='http://far.away'; %>
                <%= $THEURL %>
        </a>
becomes:
                http://far.away
        </a>

I had the same problem with 'src' inside an 'img' tag.
is it a bug? if not, what can I do?

thanx

bye =)

...and may the tux be with you!

-----------------------------
Ivan G. Shevchenko
RAYtracer__ .:<DREAMWALKER>:.
ANARCHOPOLIS [] XSDI
raytracer__@mail.ru
http://xlnc.port5.com/
81800129

Re: Re[2]: problems with 'href', 'src' and ASP syntax

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> no idea, I try to avoid using any M$ software =)

me too, but it's not always possible...

> but in an article in the iX(08) [ http://www.ix.de ] named something like
> "windows/IIS/ASP contra Linux/Apache/PHP"
> there where examples of ASP codem and there were an ASP tag inside a
> table tag, or so....
>
> > It should be possible to extent the syntax definition of ASP to
correctly
> > handle things like the above
>
> ??? sorry, no idea what you mean

The ASP syntax is defined inside of Embperl/Syntax/ASP.pm, this could be
modified to get it working. I have done a quick look. The append syntax
definitions works, if you have syntax = ASP EmbperlHTML or syntax = ASP.
It's doesn't work correctly together with EmbperlBlocks syntax is set
together with ASP (EmbperlBlocks defines all the [ .. ] blocks). So if you
like Embperl possibilites within HTML set

SetEnv EMBPERL_SYNTAX "ASP EmbperlHTML"

Gerald

Re[2]: problems with 'href', 'src' and ASP syntax

Posted by "RAYtracer__ .:<DREAMWALKER>:." <li...@yandex.ru>.
08.09.2001 23:28

hello, Gerald!

>> I've tried to rewrite some of my old Embperl code to ASP style but not
>> the whole code worked correctly after that, here an example:
>> but the same with ASP
>>becomes

> Yes, the problem is that you have a HTML Tag (Embperl handles <% %> as a
> tag) inside another tag, which isn't possible. I am not sure how native ASP
> solves this problem. Is the above correct within MS ASP ?

no idea, I try to avoid using any M$ software =)
but in an article in the iX(08) [ http://www.ix.de ] named something like
"windows/IIS/ASP contra Linux/Apache/PHP"
there where examples of ASP codem and there were an ASP tag inside a
table tag, or so....

> It should be possible to extent the syntax definition of ASP to correctly
> handle things like the above

??? sorry, no idea what you mean

bye =)

see WINDOWS and IIS dieing   http://www.netstat.ru/

-------------------------------------
Ivan G. Shevchenko
{XSDI}[RAYtracer__ .:<DREAMWALKER>:.]
raytracer__@mail.ru
http://xlnc.port5.com/
81800129

Re: problems with 'href', 'src' and ASP syntax

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> hello, Embperl!
>
> I like the ASP-style syntax much more than that of Embperl *sorry=)*

That's reason why you have the chance to choose in 2.0 :-)