Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/03/19 11:52:18 UTC

Overview over SVG capabilities

I've just run a larger part of the SVG 1.1 testsuite through Batik 1.6
and FOP SVN Trunk from yesterday. I used PNGTranscoder, PDFTranscoder
and PSTranscoder. The generated PDF and PS files were converted to PNG
using GhostScript and all three generated images placed beside each
other in a single combined PNG file.

I did this so I can quickly test for regressions because of a patch to
PDFGraphics2D that was recently submitted and I'm currently looking into.
I thought I'd share the results. It gives a good overview over what we
can do right now. It shows that there are still a number of problems in
both PDF and PostScript transcoders.

Here's the file:
http://www.jeremias-maerki.ch/download/fop/svg-1.1-testsuite-with-batik-1.6-fop-svn-2006-03-18.zip

Jeremias Maerki