Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Paulo Alvim <al...@powerlogic.com.br> on 2004/10/07 11:19:47 UTC

Browser page break with ms/word myme

Hi!

I've read that the easier way to print using page break and Browser is to
send the ordinary text/html contents with proprietary MS-Word's page break
tags and "tell the Browser" to open that html using MS-Word. (In this case,
we know the users will have Word installed).

I couldn't make the Browser open my "html" using word. I've tried to set the
content type response in the Request Processor (my descendent) without
success...

Any one could help with the best approach using Struts? Is there any other
easier and light solution for page break (with specific header in each page,
etc...) using Browser (no .PDF and .DOCs!)?

Thanks in advance

Paulo Alvim
Powerlogic - Brazil

RES: [struts] Re: Browser page break with ms/word myme [pt_br]

Posted by Paulo Alvim <al...@powerlogic.com.br>.
Obrigado Henrique,

A solução do CSS2 do jbeal@webmedx.com funcionou e me atende bem...disponha!

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.

Posted by Henrique VIECILI <vi...@softplan.com.br>.
Ae Paulo,

Re: RES: [struts] Re: Browser page break with ms/word myme

Posted by Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com>.
Paulo Alvim wrote:

>Thanks a lot, Jeff!
>This is exactly what I was looking for...

It would be the best solution (and the easier to use too) if it where
supported. I've tried it in the past and failed miserably due to lack of
support. Try alternative representations for printing, like

<LINK REL= "alternative" MEDIA="print" HREF="myfile.pdf"
TYPE="application/postscript">

hth,

Manos

Posted by Paulo Alvim <al...@powerlogic.com.br>.
Thanks a lot, Jeff!
This is exactly what I was looking for...

Enviada em: quinta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2004 09:41
Para: user@struts.apache.org
Assunto: [struts] Re: Browser page break with ms/word myme

Posted by Jeff Beal <jb...@webmedx.com>.