Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andrea Gazzarini <ag...@apache.org> on 2011/10/31 21:11:57 UTC

ReplicationHandler with external indexes

Hi all,
I have a master/slave architecture synchronized using the built-in
ReplicationHandler.

As part of recent development we created an extension (a
RequestHandler) that (on master), without going deeper in details,
creates some "foreign" indexes in the data directory (in the same
level of the "index" folder).

Now, on a slave side there's another corresponding requestHandler that
uses those indexes and exposes search services.

All it's working (indexing and searching) but...those indexes are
outside the control of the ReplicationHandler so they aren't
replicated...

Of course I had a look at the ReplicationHandler source code but I'm
not really sure if that is the right point to start

Any thought about how to approach the problem?

Cheers,
Andrea