Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa" <av...@cdc.gov> on 2001/06/25 16:38:56 UTC

TODO 1.1 - XML Digester

The todo list shows for:

  XML Digester [org.apache.struts.digester]

the following task:

  Refactor Dependencies. Refactor import dependencies, here
  and within the utilities package, with the goal of being
  able to use the Digester package in standalone applications
  without having to import the servlet API classes.
  [STRUTS-USER, Martin Cooper, 01/02/2001]

I looked at the Digester package, and it seems like this has
already been done.  Did I miss something?

Also, what does it mean when there is a "[LIST, Person, Date]"
at the end of a task description?  (Perhaps someone could doc
this at the top of the TODO list for future reference.)

Thanks,
Gidado

Re: TODO 1.1 - XML Digester

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 10:38:56AM -0400, Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa wrote:
> The todo list shows for:
>
>   XML Digester [org.apache.struts.digester]
>
> the following task:
>
>   Refactor Dependencies. Refactor import dependencies, here
>   and within the utilities package, with the goal of being
>   able to use the Digester package in standalone applications
>   without having to import the servlet API classes.
>   [STRUTS-USER, Martin Cooper, 01/02/2001]
>
> I looked at the Digester package, and it seems like this has
> already been done.  Did I miss something?

As  digester moved to the "commons" project, I think this todo
item is mislading, anyway. It should simply reflect that the
digester would be imported from commons.                incze

Re: TODO 1.1 - XML Digester

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa wrote:

> The todo list shows for:
>
>   XML Digester [org.apache.struts.digester]
>
> the following task:
>
>   Refactor Dependencies. Refactor import dependencies, here
>   and within the utilities package, with the goal of being
>   able to use the Digester package in standalone applications
>   without having to import the servlet API classes.
>   [STRUTS-USER, Martin Cooper, 01/02/2001]
>
> I looked at the Digester package, and it seems like this has
> already been done.  Did I miss something?

Yes, that's been done.  I forgot to remove it from the TODO list.

> Also, what does it mean when there is a "[LIST, Person, Date]"
> at the end of a task description?  (Perhaps someone could doc
> this at the top of the TODO list for future reference.)

Those are references to a message thread on STRUTS-DEV or STRUTS-USER
which discussed this topic in detail.  You can find them in the mailing
list archives.

> Thanks,
> Gidado

Craig