Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Hans-Guenter Stein <Ha...@siteos.de> on 2000/07/05 17:08:59 UTC

a basic question

Could anybody please let me know how to apply the value of something
calculated in xsp-tags to xsl-tags within the same xsp-document.

i.e.

<xsp:logic>
 //calculate the value of myValue
String myValue = "abc"
<xsp:logic>

now howto:

<xsl:apply-templates match="!!valueOf(myValue)!!"/>

RE: a basic question

Posted by Jay Cain <ja...@enetsouth.com>.
Kaufman Ng,

> Hmmm......I originally tried doing something like this but I
> couldn't get it
> to work.  I had to use xalan extensions.  See my earlier
> posts regarding
> "assigning xsp values to xsl variables".

You're right. I appologize.

> Can someone explain to me why it doesn't work?

It seems as if the .xsl isn't running through the processor pipeline. A
source XML file would run through the XSP processor, then the XSLT
processor. But the .xsl loaded by the XSLT isn't put through that. It's just
loaded strait into a DOM and the XSLT processor applies the transformations
to the source XML.

That's what it looks like it's doing to me, although I could be wrong.

------------------
Jay Cain
Lead Developer
eNetSouth, LLC
jay@enetsouth.com

RE: a basic question

Posted by Kaufman Ng <ka...@viant.com>.
Hmmm......I originally tried doing something like this but I couldn't get it
to work.  I had to use xalan extensions.  See my earlier posts regarding
"assigning xsp values to xsl variables".

Can someone explain to me why it doesn't work?

-kng

RE: a basic question

Posted by Jay Cain <ja...@enetsouth.com>.
Hans-Guenter Stein,