Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/04 16:59:31 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-M5.1 RC1

Please review and vote on RC1 of the SCA 2.0-M5.1 release.

This is a minor relese based on 2.0-M5 and provides fixes to running
Tuscany applications in Google AppEngine environment and other minor
fixes to remove compliance tests run from part of the source distro
build.

The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/2.0-M5.1-RC1/

The release tag is at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/tags/2.0-M5.1-RC1/

Here is my +1

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-M5.1 RC1

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Ok, I made some changes based on what I reported previously in this
thread. Please take a look as see if this is correct. The artifacts in
question are test only, shouldn't appear in the binary distro and
hence I don't believe the LICENSE/NOTICE files shipped with the maven
modules are affected.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0-M5.1 RC1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 4:23 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> Well the informal rule I've tried to apply so far in these kinds of cases is
>>>
>>> 1 - if we mention things that aren't in the distro then it's not great
>>> but I could live with it until the next distro
>>> 2 - if we don't mention things that are in the distro then that's not so good.
>>>
>>> There are several things that come under category 1 but I could live with them
>>> binding-ws, databinding-jaxb-axiom, interface-wsdl come under category
>>> 2 w.r.t that last license. The problem with this is where do you stop.
>>>

>> Ok, I'll look into this over the weekend and provide a new RC
>>

>> --
>> Luciano Resende
>> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
>> http://twitter.com/lresende1975
>> http://lresende.blogspot.com/
>>

> Hi Luciano
>
> I was looking at this and have a couple of LICENSE changes I'll commit
> shortly for review.
>
> Simon

A fix, even better :) Just let me know when you are done, but I most
will probably only be able to get to this over the weekend.

--
Luciano Resende

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please review and vote on RC1 of the SCA 2.0-M5.1 release.
>
> This is a minor relese based on 2.0-M5 and provides fixes to running
> Tuscany applications in Google AppEngine environment and other minor
> fixes to remove compliance tests run from part of the source distro
> build.
>
> The distribution artifacts, RAT reports, and Maven staging repository
> are available for review at:
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende/tuscany/2.0-M5.1-RC1/
>
> The release tag is at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/tags/2.0-M5.1-RC1/
>
> Here is my +1

It looks ok to me. The store-webapp sample has target/ and its
sub-folders included in the binary distro so it includes unnecessary
files and a lot of duplicate jars which add to the binary distribution
size but thats not a blocker as the licenses are all there. I hadn't
looked at the licensing in as much detail as Simon so it looked ok to
me, not totally clear if there is actually any license missing and its
as good as M5 so i'd probably give it a +1 if pushed.

   ...ant