Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com> on 2013/09/23 05:15:26 UTC

Interesting edismax/qs bug in Solr 3.5

We have been seeing a strange bug in our prod Solr 3.5.

I went to download a fresh copy of Solr3.5, with default schema  and
indexed (curl or post.jar) the following 2 docs

[
   {
      "id":"1",
      "title":"One Earth"
   },
   {
      "id":"2",
      "title":"One Love One Earth"
   }

]

I could browse and see the docs in solr.

However, when I do:
/solr/select?q="One Love One Earth"&qf=title&qs=2&defType=edismax&pf=title

I get nothing back.
when I change qs=4 in the query, then I see the expected doc2.
debugQuery=true does not reveal anything.

- I have noticed that when I reverse the order of the documents in the
input file i.e doc2 first, then doc1 , and do the  indexing (using curl or
post.jar), the the query above works and return doc2 as expected.
- Same when I index only doc2 (doc1 not indexed).

I tested solr3.6.2  and 4.4.0 and I can confirm they are not affected by
this issue.

I looked at the change logs for 3.6.2 and jira but could not find any trace
of this problem.

Any pointer to the ticket that addressed this issue will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Arcadius.
.

Re: Interesting edismax/qs bug in Solr 3.5

Posted by Arcadius Ahouansou <ar...@menelic.com>.
Thanks Michael.

Arcadius.

Posted by Michael Ryan <mr...@moreover.com>.