Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SolrLover <bb...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/16 19:31:36 UTC

Best way to version config files

Currently we use multiple stopwords.txt, protwords.txt , elevate.xml and
other solr related config files. We use subversion to maintain various
versions of these files manually. I was thinking of checking the forum on
the process that is being followed to preserve the version history other
than just using a version control tool.

May be I'm dreaming but it would be great if there is a UI to edit the
files, connect to a version control repository and commit the changes there.
This way I would be able to view all version of file in SOLR admin panel and
also revert back to any version needed...

Re: Best way to version config files

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, the Contest has just finished:
http://blog.outerthoughts.com/2013/08/wrap-up-of-solr-usability-contest/

But there is always JIRA. Or this could probably be implemented as some
sort of JS-subversion  ( similar to https://github.com/creationix/js-git) +
custom Admin UI plugin.

Regards,
    Alex.

- Time is the quality of nature that keeps events from happening all at
once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD book)

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
Hi,