Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/03/21 08:55:58 UTC

[bug] No @ in mailto links

Hi,

the links to subscribe/unsubscribe to our mailing list at

http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html

do not contain the @ character but '.at.'.

Can this be fixed?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG

RE: [bug] No @ in mailto links

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
David Crossley wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> >
> > the links to subscribe/unsubscribe to our mailing list at
> >
> > http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html
> >
> > do not contain the @ character but '.at.'.
> >
> > Can this be fixed?
>
> No-one objected when it was suggested to obfuscate
> all these mailto links:
>  Re: towards spam-free websites
>  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103984279123427

Ups, I didn't get that thread, altough I'm subscribed! Hmm.

Anyway, the links we currently have for subscribing and unsubscribing
are useless. So someone clicks on the link and can't subscribe with
changing .at. to @. I think this is not user friendly.

Of course, if this has already been discussed, then I don't want to
start a new discussion about. But then I would like to have at least
a notice besides the links that tell the user that the link is
not working as he might expect.
What do you think?

Carsten

Re: [bug] No @ in mailto links

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> the links to subscribe/unsubscribe to our mailing list at
>
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/mail-lists.html
>
> do not contain the @ character but '.at.'.
>
> Can this be fixed?

No-one objected when it was suggested to obfuscate
all these mailto links:
 Re: towards spam-free websites
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103984279123427

Why do you want to change it back?