Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien Stern <ju...@cryptolog.com> on 2008/10/14 15:04:32 UTC

Re: Strange Maven error... [Semi-solved]

We believe we have found the source of the issue (altough we no dot
fully understand why it happens and when).

The source of the issue is probably one of our (homemade) plugin which
_depends_ (in the dependency sense) on maven-javadoc-plugin 2.3.

What I assume is happening is that in some configurations, a more recent
version of the maven-javadoc-plugin is used, and that somehow when our
plugin attemps to find the 2.3 version, it cannot because both are in
the same classloader (well, something like that). This is why we saw
seemingly inconsistent results depending on the version of the plugin
that was used (or even possibly depending on the order, as I believe the
first plugin that is loaded sets the version for the whole build).

Does that make any sense ? :)

If that is so, we will attempt to simply remove the dependency (at the
price of a minor code duplication) to solve the issue.

--
Julien