Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/16 11:22:08 UTC

Build & Snapshots

Hi guys,

I have just committed #591 [1] and the build is now back to normal. The
Karaf itests still fail if you run mvn -Posgi clean install but I think
that's something we can fix just before making the release (dependencies).

There are two more things I think we should do:

1) publish a snapshot build to http://repository.apache.org/snapshots from
trunk and maybe even branch 0.7
2) add branch 0.7 to https://builds.apache.org/

Any ideas how to address #1? For #2 I don't have enough rights on Jenkins -
I will send email to infra@

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR-591

Cheers,

-- Andrei Savu / axemblr.com / Tools for Clouds

Re: Build & Snapshots

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 6:40 AM, Tom White <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> I think you can just do a 'mvn deploy', although you need to have your
> Maven settings configured correctly. (I have done this before for
> Hadoop.) See
> http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env

Can you take care of this one?

I will look into adding branch-0.7 to Jenkins.

Re: Build & Snapshots

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have just committed #591 [1] and the build is now back to normal. The
> Karaf itests still fail if you run mvn -Posgi clean install but I think
> that's something we can fix just before making the release (dependencies).

Thanks for fixing this!

> There are two more things I think we should do:
>
> 1) publish a snapshot build to http://repository.apache.org/snapshots from
> trunk and maybe even branch 0.7
> 2) add branch 0.7 to https://builds.apache.org/
>
> Any ideas how to address #1?

I think you can just do a 'mvn deploy', although you need to have your
Maven settings configured correctly. (I have done this before for
Hadoop.) See http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#dev-env

Tom