Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ashish Kumar9 <as...@in.ibm.com> on 2015/09/21 16:39:07 UTC

Hetergeneous Hadoop Cluster

Hi :

Has anyone tried a heterogeneous hadoop cluster with management nodes and
data nodes running on multiple linux distros. and on multiple h/w
architecture .

If so , what is the performance of such cluster .

Thanks
Ashish

Re: Hetergeneous Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.
I'm basically referring to federating multiple namenodes (connecting two
different hdfs instances under a single namespace so data can be
distributed across them). Here's the documentation for Hadoop 2.6.0 [1]

[1]
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-hdfs/Federation.html

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Corey Nolet <cj...@gmail.com>.