Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Kok, Arjan" <Ar...@nl.compuware.com> on 2000/11/20 11:18:01 UTC

postprocessing hook

Hello,

Struts contains a general purpose preprocessing hook in the ActionServlet
that is called before every action. However, there is no postprocessing hook
at the moment. I would like to use the preprocessing and postprocessing hook
to display some tracing information to the developer, for example the amount
of seconds it took to process the action (we make use of a possibly remote
EJB tier). Is it a good idea to add a postprocessing hook, or is there
another place in the Struts framework for these kind of things?

Thanks, Arjan Kok.