Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Olaf Kittelmann <ok...@efficientron.de> on 2008/01/09 13:25:44 UTC

extending tags for multi client capability

hi,
for our web applications we need to implement multi client capability.
where the application is deployed once, and via customization can be
accessed in n different flavours.

One Aspect of The customization is the presence/absence of a certain
field in a certain
form, and therefore the validation needs to be smart enough to deal with
it.

we have realised this years ago with struts1 by extending the struts
tags and using
a custom required-validator.

how difficult will it be to use the built in validation,but supply our
own version of the required-validator?

Another Aspect is the population of option lists with filtered data from
a common model,
where the filter again depends on the client customization.
can this be achieved without extending the JSP Tags?

or does the Design of the (e.g.) select-tag allow for easy subclassing?

thanks in advance
regards,
olaf

Re: extending tags for multi client capability

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Are you asking how to realize these requirements with Struts 2?