Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by appi03 <ar...@sparta.com> on 2007/10/29 17:55:21 UTC

Constant pending message limit

Hi,

I wanted to test out the destination policies. I have a fast producer ->
slow consumer set up here with non-durable topics. I set the constant
pending message limit to 10 with prefetch of 1000, but my pendingqueuesize
goes as high as 24848. I believe this is because of the flow control. So can
I assume that pending message limit is useless if the flow control is set or
am I doing something wrong?

Also what is maximumpendingmessagelimit? is it the same thing is
constantpendingmessagelimit that you set in the config file?

What is maximum pending queue size? it is set to -1 currently on my setup
and I am not sure what it does or how to change it.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.