Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Moshe Yudkowsky <ms...@bl.com> on 2005/12/08 02:49:33 UTC

meta tag pass through?

I see that the "meta" tag is supported in the DTD for version 20
documents, but does the rest of the system support the tag, and if so,
how so?

I've tried to add, to site2xhtml.xsl, the following:

> <xsl:apply-templates select="meta"/>

and a template

> <xsl:template match="meta">
> 	<xsl:for-each select="meta">
> 	<xsl:element name="meta">
> 		<xsl:attribute name="name"><xsl:value-of select="@name"/></xsl:attribute>
> 		<xsl:attribute name="content"><xsl:value-of select="."/></xsl:attribute>
> 		<xsl:if test="@xml:lang">
> 		<xsl:attribute name="lang"><xsl:value-of select="@xml:lang"/></xsl:attribute>
> 		</xsl:if>
> 	</xsl:element>
> 	</xsl:for-each>
> </xsl:template>

but now I'm wondering if I have any <meta> tags coming through the
pipeline to this point, or if I've got a silly error that makes the
entire exercise pointless!

Regards,
  Moshe

Re: meta tag pass through?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Moshe Yudkowsky wrote:
> I see that the "meta" tag is supported in the DTD for version 20
> documents, but does the rest of the system support the tag, and if so,
> how so?

There was some discussion on the dev list some time ago, the most
important post in that thread was:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=110324061019177&w=2

I'm not sure if this thread ever ended up as a commit to the code base,
it is worth you reading the whole thread, and, if no patch was ever sent
to bring all the ideas together we would welcome one since you seem to
have the need for this.

Ross