Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Juergen Weber <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/05 20:36:34 UTC

Corba - supported IDL language elements?

Hi,

I stumbled into the Axix2 Corba module and liked it very much,
unfortunately it is not very well documented in the axis distribution.
> Supports (almost) all the CORBA data types including Structs, Value types (objects-by-value), Enums, Unions, Typedefs, Arrays (including multi-dimensional arrays and Sequences.
(http://wso2.org/library/2807)

What is not supported? Unfortunately, when you use not-supported
features, this results in nasty NPEs.
E.g. using a struct with a long long member results in a
        at org.apache.axis2.corba.idl.parser.IDLVisitor.visitStruct(IDLVisitor.java:130)

Also, it seems, referencing definitions from another module results in NPE
(my::other::module::Mstruct)

Is there known and listed, what else is not supported?

Thanks,
Juergen