Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> on 2018/09/19 08:25:59 UTC

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

... bringing this to the developers list...

I think this issue has been caused by this change:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926

I don't understand why an update of the commons build plugin had to change
the OSGi meta data being generated. Maybe the change
to commons.osgi.symbolicName was by accident? Can it be reverted?

Regards,
Benedikt

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
I've checked the commons-csv build, since commons-lang is somehow special
because of the componentId being lang3 (we talked about this on the other
thread). It looks like this change also broke commons-csv. I think we
should revert it.

Benedikt

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 2:33 PM P. Ottlinger <po...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 19.09.2018 um 13:44 schrieb Rob Tompkins:
> >

> >> On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> ... bringing this to the developers list...
> >>
> >> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
> >>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
> >
> > Do we roll a 3.8.1?
>

> +1

The VOTE in already under way...

Gary

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Am 19.09.2018 um 13:44 schrieb Rob Tompkins:

>> On Sep 19, 2018, at 4:25 AM, Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> ... bringing this to the developers list...
>>
>> I think this issue has been caused by this change:
>> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml?r1=1833874&r2=1833926
>
> Do we roll a 3.8.1?

+1

Thanks,
Phil

Re: [lang3] Problem with the OSGi metadata: Bundle-SymbolicName / breaking change between 3.7 and 3.8

Posted by Benedikt Ritter <br...@apache.org>.
Am Mi., 19. Sep. 2018 um 16:42 Uhr schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtompki@gmail.com
>:

> Do we have a JIRA for this?