Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ty Hahn <yo...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/28 12:36:02 UTC

Dismax and Grouping query

Hi,

I've tried to use grouping query on DisMaxRequestHandler without success.
When I sent grouping query in Solr Admin, I could see parens of query
escaped in 'querystring' line with debugQuery On.
Is this the cause of the failure?

e.g.
When I send query like +(lucene solr),
I can see following line in the result page.
<str name="querystring">+\(lucene solr\)</str>

When I tried this with StandardRequestHandler, parens of the query were not
escaped. And the query was successfully answered.
Digging into the source of Solr, I could find the following line at
DisMaxRequestHandler.java.
userQuery = U.partialEscape(U.stripUnbalancedQuotes(userQuery)).toString();
And partialEscape function seems to carry out the escaping.

So... Can I carry out grouping query on DisMaxRequestHandler?
If so, should I use special character for grouping in stead of parens?

I'm pretty new on Solr. Any reply will help.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Dismax and Grouping query

Posted by Ty Hahn <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, Hoss.
It seems that I should think other options.
Thanks again.