Posted to users@airavata.apache.org by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu> on 2017/04/21 19:25:39 UTC

Permission Denied error for Local Echo test

I am getting a Permission Denied error for the Application Executable Path when I try to run the Local Echo test. The instructions specify a path of /home/airavata/ECHO/echo_wrapper.sh (or Local to where airavata is installed). I am on a mac and it is unclear what this should be for my local machine. I have tried a few different things with no luck. For example, I tried

/Users/jsale/ECHO/echo_wrapper.sh

and I manually created the shell script in this location. Maybe I am misunderstanding how this is supposed to work.I think I have messed something up, because now when I try to create a new Experiment i get the following error:
Not Found

The requested URL /experiment/create was not found on this server.

I have restarted apache and mysql and airavata but nothing has changed. I am unable to create a new Experiment.

Jeff

Jeff

RE: Permission Denied error for Local Echo test

Posted by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu>.
Eroma,

I got the Permission Denied error immediately after I tried to create my first Experiment. It was displayed in the browser in the multi-panel gui. Now all I see is the Not Found error and the url it browses to is:

http://localhost/experiment/create

Sorry I didn't check the logs sooner. I don't see anything in the airavata logs but the laravel.log file includes the following which seems to indicate a permissions error for /var/www/experimentData/jsale37. I tried to change permissions on my var directory to 777 but that didn't help. The var directory is actually under /private/var on my mac and a symbolic link exists in the root directory.

The error was timestamped yesterday, but the first error occurred on April 21. Now I'm not sure how to recreate it so it is timestamped for today.

[2017-04-24 17:13:23] production.ERROR: exception 'ErrorException' with message 'file_get_contents(/var/www/experimentData/jsale37): failed to open stream: No such file or directory' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php:43

Stack trace:

#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/Library/WebSer...', 43, Array)

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php(43): file_get_contents('/var/www/experi...')

#2 [internal function]: FilemanagerController->get()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Controller.php(231): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(93): Illuminate\Routing\Controller->callAction('get', Array)

#5 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(62): Illuminate\Routing\ControllerDispatcher->call(Object(FilemanagerController), Object(Illuminate\Routing\Route), 'get')

#6 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(967): Illuminate\Routing\ControllerDispatcher->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Routing\Route), Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 'FilemanagerCont...', 'get')

#7 [internal function]: Illuminate\Routing\Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}()

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Route.php(109): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1033): Illuminate\Routing\Route->run(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1001): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(781): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#12 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(745): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#13 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Session/Middleware.php(72): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#14 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Queue.php(47): Illuminate\Session\Middleware->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Guard.php(51): Illuminate\Cookie\Queue->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/stack/builder/src/Stack/StackedHttpKernel.php(23): Illuminate\Cookie\Guard->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#17 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(641): Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#18 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/public/index.php(51): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->run()

#19 {main} [] []

________________________________
Posted by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu>.
Eroma,

Unfortunately the only "error screen" is the attached, but I don't think it's what you're looking for. I get this when I select "Create" from the "Experiment" menu. The original Permission Denied error occurred when I created my first Experiment and clicked Save and Launch. I should have grabbed it then. Now I can no longer recreate that screen. I just get the Not Found error.

Jeff

________________________________
#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/Library/WebSer...', 43, Array)

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php(43): file_get_contents('/var/www/experi...')

#2 [internal function]: FilemanagerController->get()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Controller.php(231): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(93): Illuminate\Routing\Controller->callAction('get', Array)

#7 [internal function]: Illuminate\Routing\Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}()

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Route.php(109): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1033): Illuminate\Routing\Route->run(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1001): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(781): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#14 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Queue.php(47): Illuminate\Session\Middleware->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Guard.php(51): Illuminate\Cookie\Queue->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/stack/builder/src/Stack/StackedHttpKernel.php(23): Illuminate\Cookie\Guard->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#17 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(641): Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#18 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/public/index.php(51): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->run()

#19 {main} [] []

________________________________

--
Thank You,
Best Regards,

--
Thank you
Supun Nakandala

Posted by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu>.
Oops, here's the screengrab.

Jeff

________________________________

#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/Library/WebSer...', 43, Array)

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php(43): file_get_contents('/var/www/experi...')

#2 [internal function]: FilemanagerController->get()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Controller.php(231): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(93): Illuminate\Routing\Controller->callAction('get', Array)

#7 [internal function]: Illuminate\Routing\Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}()

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Route.php(109): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1033): Illuminate\Routing\Route->run(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1001): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(781): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#14 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Queue.php(47): Illuminate\Session\Middleware->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Guard.php(51): Illuminate\Cookie\Queue->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/stack/builder/src/Stack/StackedHttpKernel.php(23): Illuminate\Cookie\Guard->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#17 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(641): Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#18 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/public/index.php(51): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->run()

#19 {main} [] []

________________________________

Posted by Eroma Abeysinghe <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Please share your error screen capture.
are you getting it when you click Save or Save and launch in create
experiment screen

Thanks,
Eroma

On Tue, Apr 25, 2017 at 1:48 PM, Sale, Jeff <es...@ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Well, apparently after I changed the permissions on /var it looks like the
> www/experimentData/jsale37/ directory was in fact created by the PGA but
> nothing was written to it. I have changed permissions to all folders in
> that path to be 777 including the /private directory at the root level but
> I am still getting the Not Found error when I try to create a new
> Experiment. I am very sorry for the annoyance.
>
> Jeff
>

> ------------------------------

>>> Illuminate\Session\Middleware->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request),
>>> 1, true)
>>>
>>> #15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/lar
>>> avel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Guard.php(51):
>>> Illuminate\Cookie\Queue->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1,
>>> true)
>>>
>>> #16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/sta
>>> ck/builder/src/Stack/StackedHttpKernel.php(23):
>>> Illuminate\Cookie\Guard->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1,

--
Thank You,
Best Regards,

Re: Permission Denied error for Local Echo test

Posted by "Pierce, Marlon" <ma...@iu.edu>.
No annoyance at all.

From: "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:48 PM
To: "users@airavata.apache.org" <us...@airavata.apache.org>

#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/Library/WebSer...', 43, Array)

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php(43): file_get_contents('/var/www/experi...')

#2 [internal function]: FilemanagerController->get()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Controller.php(231): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(93): Illuminate\Routing\Controller->callAction('get', Array)

#7 [internal function]: Illuminate\Routing\Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}()

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Route.php(109): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1033): Illuminate\Routing\Route->run(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1001): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(781): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

Posted by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu>.

#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/Library/WebSer...', 43, Array)

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php(43): file_get_contents('/var/www/experi...')

#2 [internal function]: FilemanagerController->get()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Controller.php(231): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(93): Illuminate\Routing\Controller->callAction('get', Array)

#7 [internal function]: Illuminate\Routing\Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}()

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Route.php(109): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1033): Illuminate\Routing\Route->run(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1001): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(781): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#14 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Queue.php(47): Illuminate\Session\Middleware->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Guard.php(51): Illuminate\Cookie\Queue->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/stack/builder/src/Stack/StackedHttpKernel.php(23): Illuminate\Cookie\Guard->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#17 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(641): Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#18 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/public/index.php(51): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->run()

#19 {main} [] []

________________________________

Posted by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Sale, Jeff" <es...@ucsd.edu>.

#0 [internal function]: Illuminate\Exception\Handler->handleError(2, 'file_get_conten...', '/Library/WebSer...', 43, Array)

#1 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/app/controllers/FilemanagerController.php(43): file_get_contents('/var/www/experi...')

#2 [internal function]: FilemanagerController->get()

#3 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Controller.php(231): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)

#4 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/ControllerDispatcher.php(93): Illuminate\Routing\Controller->callAction('get', Array)

#7 [internal function]: Illuminate\Routing\Router->Illuminate\Routing\{closure}()

#8 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Route.php(109): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)

#9 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1033): Illuminate\Routing\Route->run(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#10 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Routing/Router.php(1001): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatchToRoute(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#11 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(781): Illuminate\Routing\Router->dispatch(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#14 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Queue.php(47): Illuminate\Session\Middleware->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#15 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Cookie/Guard.php(51): Illuminate\Cookie\Queue->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#16 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/stack/builder/src/Stack/StackedHttpKernel.php(23): Illuminate\Cookie\Guard->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), 1, true)

#17 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(641): Stack\StackedHttpKernel->handle(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request))

#18 /Library/WebServer/Documents/airavata-php-gateway/public/index.php(51): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->run()

#19 {main} [] []

________________________________

Posted by Supun Nakandala <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by Eroma Abeysinghe <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

--
Thank You,
Best Regards,

Re: Permission Denied error for Local Echo test

Posted by Hemant Pandey <pa...@umail.iu.edu>.
Unsubscribe

Hemant Pandey
Computer Science Master Student