Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by simon <sk...@apache.org> on 2008/01/12 11:57:41 UTC

myfaces-master-pom and pmd reports

Hi All,

Currently the master pom defines the pmd plugin in the reporting
section. Unfortunately it appears that while most report plugins are
smart enough not to generate any output if they have no input files, pmd
does not do this. As a result, every "project" module (which is just
generating a site) gets pointless CMD and PMD reports (which causes the
creation of a whole "project reports" menu to hold them).

Solution (1) is to just take this definition out of the master pom, and
have modules that want pmd/cmd reports define the plugin.

Solution (2) is for each "project" module to disable these reports by
defining an empty reportSet.

Solution (3) is to live with these pointless "project reports" menus
containing pointless cmd/pmd report pages.

I'm in favour of (1) myself, although (2) is also possible (I have just
done this for core12 module a few minutes ago).

What would you prefer?

Regards,
Simon

Re: myfaces-master-pom and pmd reports

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

A better solution would be to improve the pmd plugin in order to be smart
enough not to generate any output if they have no input files. Isn't it ?

Regards,

Rémy