Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ron Mexico <ro...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/02 03:54:49 UTC

jaxb integration in axis?

we've got an application where clients send us xml formatted to match
the XSD's that we use internally to create our generated objects.
we simply marshall/unmarshall that xml internally.

i'd like to make this more of a web-service.  is it possible to have
axis broadcast the XSDs as the wsdl for each service?

furthermore, is it possible to have axis integrate with jaxb so the
incoming xml would simply be converted right to the generated objects?

thanks

Re: jaxb integration in axis?

Posted by iksrazal <ik...@gmail.com>.
Em Sexta 02 Dezembro 2005 00:54, o Ron Mexico escreveu:
> we've got an application where clients send us xml formatted to match
> the XSD's that we use internally to create our generated objects.
> we simply marshall/unmarshall that xml internally.
>
> i'd like to make this more of a web-service.  is it possible to have
> axis broadcast the XSDs as the wsdl for each service?
>
> furthermore, is it possible to have axis integrate with jaxb so the
> incoming xml would simply be converted right to the generated objects?
>
> thanks

I'd just send the String as a parameter to the web service and marshal that.
jaxb by its nature automatically validates against the xsd. Perhaps I
misunderstand the question. All you need is the jarred classes from the xsd
on the web service side.

An important point is that Axis2 uses XMLBeans heavily - sort of an open
source alternative to jaxb. From what I gather sun's implementation of JWSDP
2.0 will be based off of jaxb.

HTH,
iksrazal