Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/14 17:56:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] - Doing last Camel 2.18.5 release before 2.20.0 release

Hi

As we plan to release Apache Camel 2.20.0 at the end of this month
(there is another thread on @dev about this) then we should talk about
doing the last 2.18.x release which will be 2.18.5.

Maybe we can release 2.18.5 ahead of time before 2.20.0. A new big
minor release like 2.20.0 tend to have more eye's catching things here
and there, and over the many years we have had to cut multiple RC's
before a new minor release was approved.

So in light of this maybe, we can us the "quiet" time until we start
cutting the 2.20.0 RC candidates to get 2.18.5 release and out of our
hands.

Any thoughts?

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - Doing last Camel 2.18.5 release before 2.20.0 release

Posted by Onder SEZGIN <on...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 at 21:53, Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>
wrote:

> +1 for cutting the last 2.18.x release.  I can take care of this over
> the upcoming weekend.
>
> Gregor
>
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 7:56 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > As we plan to release Apache Camel 2.20.0 at the end of this month
> > (there is another thread on @dev about this) then we should talk about
> > doing the last 2.18.x release which will be 2.18.5.
> >
> > Maybe we can release 2.18.5 ahead of time before 2.20.0. A new big
> > minor release like 2.20.0 tend to have more eye's catching things here
> > and there, and over the many years we have had to cut multiple RC's
> > before a new minor release was approved.
> >
> > So in light of this maybe, we can us the "quiet" time until we start
> > cutting the 2.20.0 RC candidates to get 2.18.5 release and out of our
> > hands.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Sent from my iPhone

Re: [DISCUSS] - Doing last Camel 2.18.5 release before 2.20.0 release

Posted by Gregor Zurowski <gr...@list.zurowski.org>.