Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@apache.org> on 2012/04/15 15:33:25 UTC

[CVE-2012-1621] Apache OFBiz information disclosure vulnerability

CVE-2012-1621: Apache OFBiz information disclosure vulnerability

Severity: Important

Vendor:
The Apache Software Foundation - Apache OFBiz

======Versions Affected======

Apache OFBiz 10.04 (also known as 10.04.01)

======Description======

Multiple XSS:

XSS 1:
Error messages containing user input returned via ajax requests
weren't being escaped

XSS 2:
Parameter arrays (converted to Lists by OFBiz) weren't being
auto-encoded in freemarker templates.  An attacker could send multiple
parameters sharing the same name where only a single value was
expected, because the value was a List instead of a String rendering
the parameter in freemarker via ${parameter} would bypass OFBiz's
automatic html encoding.

XSS 3:
Requests that used the cms event were susceptible to XSS attacks via
the contentId and mapKey parameters because if the content was found
to be missing an unencoded error message containing the supplied
values was being streamed to the browser.

XSS 4:
Requests that used the experimental Webslinger component were susceptible to XSS attacks

====== Mitigation======

10.04 users should upgrade to 10.04.02

These issues were discovered by Matias Madou (mmadou@hp.com) of Fortify/HP Security Research Group

Re: [CVE-2012-1621] Apache OFBiz information disclosure vulnerability

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
The bugs have been reported on the 10.04 series and if you are running 09.04 you should not be affected; of course there are good reason to plan for the upgrade to 10.04 because the 09.04 is an old branch and, according with the current release plan, it is now closed:

http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html

Jacopo

Posted by Soon Won Park <ar...@gmail.com>.
Good afternoon guys!