Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pawan Darira <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 09:42:02 UTC

Can Master push data to slave

Hi

I am using Solr 1.4. and doing a replication process where my slave is
pulling data from Master. I have 2 questions

a. Can Master push data to slave
b. How to make sure that lock file is not created while replication

Please help

thanks
Pawan

Re: Can Master push data to slave

Posted by simon <mt...@gmail.com>.
You could configure a PostCommit event listener on the master which
would send a HTTP fetchindex request to the slave you want to carry
out replication  - see
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#HTTP_API

But why do you want the master to push to the slave ?

-Simon

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Why do you care about the lock file on the slave? It shouldn't matter,
so I'm wondering if this is an XY problem:

>From Hossman's Apache page:
Your question appears to be an "XY Problem" ... that is: you are dealing
with "X", you are assuming "Y" will help you, and you are asking about "Y"
without giving more details about the "X" so that we can understand the
full issue.  Perhaps the best solution doesn't involve "Y" at all?
See Also: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=542341

Best
Erick

Posted by Pawan Darira <pa...@gmail.com>.