Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Yuming Wang <wg...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/24 20:52:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview2

Hi all,

To enable wide-scale community testing of the upcoming Spark 3.0 release,
the Apache Spark community has posted a new preview release of Spark 3.0.
This preview is *not a stable release in terms of either API or
functionality*, but it is meant to give the community early access to try
the code that will become Spark 3.0. If you would like to test the release,
please download it, and send feedback using either the mailing lists
<https://spark.apache.org/community.html> or JIRA
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SPARK?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin%3Asummary-page>
.

There are a lot of exciting new features added to Spark 3.0, including
Dynamic Partition Pruning, Adaptive Query Execution, Accelerator-aware
Scheduling, Data Source API with Catalog Supports, Vectorization in SparkR,
support of Hadoop 3/JDK 11/Scala 2.12, and many more. For a full list of
major features and changes in Spark 3.0.0-preview2, please check the thread(
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-feature-list-and-major-changes-td28050.html
 and
http://apache-spark-developers-list.1001551.n3.nabble.com/Spark-3-0-preview-release-2-td28491.html
).

We'd like to thank our contributors and users for their contributions and
early feedback to this release. This release would not have been possible
without you.

To download Spark 3.0.0-preview2, head over to the download page:
https://archive.apache.org/dist/spark/spark-3.0.0-preview2

Happy Holidays.

Yuming

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announcing Apache Spark 3.0.0-preview2

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Great work, Yuming! Happy Holidays.

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
Great work, Yuming!

Posted by Takeshi Yamamuro <li...@gmail.com>.
Great work, Yuming!

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Posted by Xiao Li <li...@databricks.com>.

Posted by infa elance <in...@gmail.com>.
Great job everyone !! Do we have any tentative GA dates yet?
Thanks and Regards,
Ajay.

Posted by Star <st...@fallenstar.xyz>.