Posted to dev@directmemory.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org> on 2012/02/15 09:36:46 UTC

Solr cache sample

Hi all/Tommy

as far as I can see, the Solr cache impl you provided is more than a
"sample" module... wouldn't worth distribute it, so Solr users can
include it in their project? WDYT?

-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Solr cache sample

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Namaste Simao,

2012/2/15 Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>

> Hola TomNaso,
>
> For what I can see, it just needs to be moved elsewhere, IMHO
> "samples" reduces the effort behind the work you've done ;)

:-)

I meant more on the code part; i.e.where the cache size is adapted from the
Solr metric (# of docs to be contained) to the DM metric (size on disk).

> Sure, maybe it needs more work before releasing it, anyway we are
> still in time :)

sure, would you go for renaming samples to solr or empty the samples and
create a new module solr?
I'd go for the first one as right now it wouldn't make sense to have an
empty samples module.
Tommaso

Re: Solr cache sample

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.