Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/03 11:40:04 UTC

Jackrabbit SPI

Hi,

Related to JCR-309 I reviewed the Jackrabbit SPI interfaces for
creating a possible org.apache.jackrabbit.spi package. Many of the SPI
interfaces have quite heavy dependencies on large parts of Jackrabbit
internals so extracting a clean-cut o.a.j.spi interface package isn't
a viable option. I suppose the best option for now is to keep the SPI
interfaces where they are and not to promise backwards compatibility
for external components.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development