Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kashish <it...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/22 23:14:00 UTC

SOLR Cloud Set up

Hi,

I am setting up a SOLR cloud environment. I have 3 servers. Currently have
done a small POC setup with just one shard shared across the 3 nodes. Seems
to work well. But am concerned about the shards.

I have attached an image along with this. Pls check it and ignore the ones
which are either down or gone away.
So i have three servers of which one is the leader and remaining two
replicas. I have some ten collections this way. So we have a total data of
700M for now which might increase to double this size in future. Can i know
if am required to add another shard?

solr-cloud.png
<http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/file/n4132584/solr-cloud.png>

Thanks,

-----
Thanks,
Kashish

Re: SOLR Cloud Set up

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
700M what? Data size? Index size? Document count?

There's very little information to go on here. If it's 700M index
size, that's actually quite small by Solr standards.

This might help:

http://searchhub.org/2012/07/23/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

Best,
Erick