Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2003/11/27 03:01:10 UTC

Jostein, r7858 for 0.34 release looks good.

Hi, Jostein,

Even though the important changes for 0.34 have been done for a while,
all the commits that have come in since then look pretty safe, and
some of them are useful fixes.

So go with current HEAD (r7858) for the 0.34 release branch.

I haven't created the branch -- better the release should be yours
from start to finish :-).  Also, if the only commits that come in
between r7858 and when you make the branch look innocuous to you, then
feel free to branch from a later revision.  (For example, if someone
fixes a documentation glitch or something, we might as well get that
into the release.)

Thanks, and again sorry for the delayed notice!

-Karl

Re: Jostein, r7858 for 0.34 release looks good.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Sunday 30 November 2003 03.29, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Oh -- Jostein, it's quite okay if you want to make the branch as the
> first step.  You could then tweak CHANGES and the version number on
> trunk, and merge those changes over to the already-existing branch.
> (In fact, if you want to rewrite releases.txt to say this, that would
> be great.)

It will be a pleasure to revrite releases.txt. Next commit is CHANGES and
svn_version.h.

> No developer should ever be waiting to commit while someone makes a
> branch; if we come up with a workflow where that's necessary, then
> we've got a bug in our workflow :-).

Glad you said it :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: Jostein, r7858 for 0.34 release looks good.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Thursday 27 November 2003 08.36, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:

> What do you think?

Never mind, the branch are created and I work from there :-)

Jostein

--
Jostein Chr. Andersen <jo...@josander.net>
http://www.josander.net/

Re: Jostein, r7858 for 0.34 release looks good.

Posted by kf...@collab.net.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 07:54, Jostein Chr. Andersen wrote:
> Hold on the commits until I have made the release branch folks. Gimme an
> hour or tree from now (I'm staring with a cup of coffee) and the branch
> should be ready.

Huh?  You can just copy a specific rev, no need for us to hold our
commits.  Or were you referring to something else?

Sander

Re: Jostein, r7858 for 0.34 release looks good.

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Thursday 27 November 2003 04.01, kfogel@collab.net wrote:

> Even though the important changes for 0.34 have been done for a while,
> all the commits that have come in since then look pretty safe, and
> some of them are useful fixes.
>
> So go with current HEAD (r7858) for the 0.34 release branch.
.
.
> Thanks, and again sorry for the delayed notice!

No problem :-)