Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gp-air <gp...@airplus.com> on 2008/08/01 17:41:01 UTC

Unexpected behavior on SQLException (Tablespace full)

Hi,

we send messages to a queue thru a producer in transactional mode. On the
other hand there is a consumer listening on that queue. As the producer
sends more messages than the consumer is able to consume, resp. to process,
the messages get stored in the permanent storage, which is a Oracle 10g
database. We do not have an ActiveMQ journal, so the messages get stored in
the configured jdbcAdapter database.

After a while the tablespace the ActiveMQ tables are stored in, gets full
and an exception is thrown. This leads to a failure of the jms commit -
which is expected. But unfortunately some of the sent messages - which were
expected to be uncommitted and therefor not stored in the database - are
present in the ACTIVEMQ_MSGS table. These messages are not processed by
ActiveMQ until a restart of the ActiveMQ server instance is done. After the
restart the messages get delivered to the consumer, which is - of course -
not desired.

Does anyone experienced the same or similiar problem ? Any solution ?

I do not provide any source code so far, since it is a little bit polluted
with business stuff.

thanks