Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nathan Findley <na...@zenlok.com> on 2012/11/03 09:32:28 UTC

Solr 3.6 -> 4.0

Hi all,

I have one machine running solr 3.6.  I would like to move this data to
solr 4.0 and set up a solrcloud.

I feel like I should replicate the existing data.  After that, it isn't
clear to me what I need to do.

1) Create a slave (4.0) that replicates from the master (3.6).
2) Somehow turn the slave into a part of a solrcloud?

If there are any online articles about this process or you have any
suggestions, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Nate

Re: Solr 3.6 -> 4.0

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Depends what you really need. Index aliases are very handy for having a
sliding last N days type search. Solr doesn't have that yet....but it may
be in jira.

Otis
--
Performance Monitoring - http://sematext.com/spm