Posted to user@commons.apache.org by M Singh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2012/01/03 01:45:55 UTC

Commons Nable question - saving derivative class

Hi:

I wanted to save the derivative class to a file, but when I save it and try see it's byte code using javap - it gives me a formatting exception.

Is there any way I can save the derivative class and read it using any decompiler ?

Thanks.

[nabla] Re: Commons Nable question - saving derivative class

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 03/01/2012 01:45, M Singh a écrit :
> Hi:

Hi,

[please note I have added a marker in the subject line. This list is
shared among several projects and such markers are mandatory to help
people filtering messages]

> I wanted to save the derivative class to a file, but when I save it and try see it's byte code using javap - it gives me a formatting exception.
>
> Is there any way I can save the derivative class and read it using any decompiler ?

There is not much support for this yet, but it is something we want to
have. For now, Nabla is still in an early state, it is not ready for
production. However, when it succeeds to produce a class (for simple
methods), this class is not really different from classes produced by
compilers, and it could be saved and read back as a binary file.

How did you write the class file and what error did you get ?

Luc