Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by David Reid <dr...@jetnet.co.uk> on 2001/07/19 23:51:13 UTC

Profiling...

OK, so strange question for those of you who know...

FreeBSD 4.3, when I use  gcc -pg I get full profiles, but that includes
system level functions, so when I try to look at how apr_blah is doing I
don't see it but rather the calls within the function, which may be useful
in more detailed profiling, but for a first pass I'd rather see the apr_blah
detailed.  So, how do I do this?  Change the link line?

I'm planing on adding a file to the APR repository that gives some of the
detail that we've picked up about this stuff and this sort of information
will go in as well...

Ta.

david

Re: Profiling...

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@covalent.net>.
You might have some use for moncontrol() and profil(). And then of course
you can do all sorts of gprof -X name to limit the depth of things. You
can also intentionally link against non profiled libraries to shut out
that part.

Dw