Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/15 14:50:18 UTC

JSR 311

Geir,

Could you please sign me up for the spanking brand new JSR 311 (Java
(TM) API for RESTful Web Services)

thanks,
dims

Re: JSR 311

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
We can have multiple primary reps depending on the mood of the spec lead.

After that, all information can be sent through an apache alias that all
interested parties can monitor and discuss, w/ the primary reps carrying
consensus back to the EG

geir

Re: JSR 311

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I've been on various EG's at W3C/OASIS, but only one JSR (JAX-WSA,
> which too got folded into JAX-WS). My usual problem with JSR's is that
> i don't get to know *ANYTHING* till their work is at a point where any
> additional input is just water off an elephant's back. So i asked to
> join.

yes, if you look at my comments in the rest list I am not prepared to
join without the thing being done in public, with a public TCK being
done as OSS too. I dont understand why JCPs work in secret when the
standards bodies defining the things they implement do everything in public

> However if Roy or You would like to be the Apache rep. Am all for it.
> As long as we get access to some of the material during the work in
> progress as you mentioned.

I dont want to be the apache rep. Roy's job :)

Re: JSR 311

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Steve,

Re: JSR 311

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.

Re: JSR 311

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Dims,

For now, we're actually going to vote "no" and withdraw our support of
the EG because of Roy's request that they not position it as "the" API
for REST for Java, but "an" API.

geir