Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/07 14:54:52 UTC

[S2] dropdowndatetimepicker questions

Hi,

I am absolutely nod in mood to be the 1st class troublemaker for S2
ajax support - which is very nice - but real life usage brings some
questions.

I have a form using theme ajax.
And I have some:
 <s:textfield ...  label="aaa" />
 <s:select ... label="bbb"  />
 <s:dropdowndatetimepicker ...  label="ccc" >
fields inside.
Fields 'textfield' and 'select' do create a row in table with 2 cols:
label, field.
But the datetimepicker field only creates a single 'span' element
withsome contents inside but seems to ignore the fact that it is
placed inside an ajax form.

Label defined for such field is not displayed.
Is it supposed to behave like this?
I may create that row myself, but I am worried that one day it will be
'fixed' and then my code is wrong.

I also have some question about the dropdowndatetimepicker in 'time' mode.
What is the data type supported for this on the action side?
If I have a Date property in my field and want to dysplay it as 2
fields in the form, using dropdowndatetimepickers: date & time - what
is the advised approach?
I did not find any info in the docs/wiki about this.

Thanks in advance
Dariusz Wojtas

Re: [S2] dropdowndatetimepicker questions

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.
Dariusz Wojtas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am absolutely nod in mood to be the 1st class troublemaker for S2
> ajax support - which is very nice - but real life usage brings some
> questions.

Don't lose your faith, must of the fixes have been recommended by you :)

> I have a form using theme ajax.
> And I have some:
> <s:textfield ...  label="aaa" />
> <s:select ... label="bbb"  />
> <s:dropdowndatetimepicker ...  label="ccc" >
> fields inside.
> Fields 'textfield' and 'select' do create a row in table with 2 cols:
> label, field.
> But the datetimepicker field only creates a single 'span' element
> withsome contents inside but seems to ignore the fact that it is
> placed inside an ajax form.
>
> Label defined for such field is not displayed.
> Is it supposed to behave like this?
> I may create that row myself, but I am worried that one day it will be
> 'fixed' and then my code is wrong.

just another bug in the wall.

> I also have some question about the dropdowndatetimepicker in 'time'
> mode.
> What is the data type supported for this on the action side?
> If I have a Date property in my field and want to dysplay it as 2
> fields in the form, using dropdowndatetimepickers: date & time - what
> is the advised approach?
> I did not find any info in the docs/wiki about this.

The server side type can be either a Date or an String. You can have two
different fields on your action, then  build just one Date object with
them when your action executes.

thanks
musachy

Posted by Dariusz Wojtas <dw...@gmail.com>.
I do not know if you did see my comment to WW-1605.
It somehow produces endless loop ...

Dariusz Wojtas

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mb...@wfscorp.com>.
ok, here is the right one: