Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Carrion, Fabian (GE Money, consultant)" <Fa...@ge.com> on 2007/02/16 16:22:25 UTC

Tomcat Webservices JSR109 implementation

Hi the list,

I have implemented the JSR 109 for tomcat. The patch is available on http://fabien.carrion.free.fr/Tomcat.html

The JSR109 shows how to declare in the web.xml file a node service-ref. This service-ref permits to declare the access to a web services, port-components, wsdl file, and handlers.

Do you think it could be integrated in tomcat 6 ?

For any information on this patch you can reach me on this email.

Regards

Fabien Carrion

Re: Tomcat Webservices JSR109 implementation

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Carrion, Fabian (GE Money, consultant) wrote:
> Do you think it could be integrated in tomcat 6 ?

Yes, I think it could be useful. All the code changes would go in, but
the references which have dependencies to the web services APIs would
only be built as part of the extras.

Alternative: You can submit the relevant API sources (as skeletons) for
inclusion in the source tree, like I did for javamail (AFAIK, it's
working, but maybe I should test it again ;) ). (note: of course, these
classes will not be present in the compiled binaries)

Rémy

RE: Tomcat Webservices JSR109 implementation

Posted by "Carrion, Fabian (GE Money, consultant)" <Fa...@ge.com>.
Hi,

I change the build.xml to download both jar from geronimos repositories.
I think it should be ok now.

I'm available for any comment.
Thanks

Fabien Carrion

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Carrion, Fabian (GE Money, consultant)" <Fa...@ge.com>.
Hi,

There is only one Factory class :
ServiceRefFactory.java

I'm sorry, I haven't use HandlerFactory. A handler is a class which is going to be instantiate and the object called before and after the call to the webservice.

I use org.apache.naming.Handler class. I register the Handlers in a Collection object, and then I get the Handlers in the ServiceRefFactory class and I add them in the HandlerChain for the Service which is going to be created.

I think there is a still some work on the factories class too, because of the dependecies with wsdl4j and jaxrpc.

Thanks

Fabien Carrion

Carrion, Fabian (GE Money, consultant) wrote:
> For any information on this patch you can reach me on this email.

I am now looking at the patch. I will at least commit everything except
for the factory classes (we'll see about what to do with them later).

There's one glitch with the diff: the HandlerFactory class is missing.

Rémy

Re: Tomcat Webservices JSR109 implementation

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.