Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by andrewp <an...@au.experian.com> on 2013/12/05 07:43:02 UTC

wrapper.conf does not quote %ACTIVEME_CONF% on line 64

Whilst trying to install ActiveMQ as a windows service, I found this issue
with the wrapper.conf out of the box configuration. (apache-activemq-5.9.0)

wrapper.java.additional.15=-Djava.security.auth.login.config=%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/login.config

You will notice that there are no quotes around the %ACTIVEME_CONF%
environment variable. I think it should be:

wrapper.java.additional.15=-Djava.security.auth.login.config="%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/login.config"

This only causes an issue if your ActiveMQ home directory has spaces in it,
such as C:\Program Files

Other lines in the wrapper.conf file are configured correctly:

wrapper.java.additional.5=-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore="%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/broker.ks"
wrapper.java.additional.6=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore="%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/broker.ts"

Re: wrapper.conf does not quote %ACTIVEME_CONF% on line 64

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 12/05/2013 01:43 AM, andrewp wrote:
> Whilst trying to install ActiveMQ as a windows service, I found this issue
> with the wrapper.conf out of the box configuration. (apache-activemq-5.9.0)
>

> wrapper.java.additional.15=-Djava.security.auth.login.config=%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/login.config
>
> You will notice that there are no quotes around the %ACTIVEME_CONF%
> environment variable. I think it should be:
>

> wrapper.java.additional.15=-Djava.security.auth.login.config="%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/login.config"
>
> This only causes an issue if your ActiveMQ home directory has spaces in it,
> such as C:\Program Files
>
> Other lines in the wrapper.conf file are configured correctly:
>
> wrapper.java.additional.5=-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore="%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/broker.ks"
> wrapper.java.additional.6=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore="%ACTIVEMQ_CONF%/broker.ts"

Can you open a new Jira issue for this?  We'll get it fixed in the next
release.

--
Tim Bish
Sr Software Engineer | RedHat Inc.