Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Manjuka Soysa <ma...@visto.com> on 2001/04/25 14:30:48 UTC

request / proposal - voice xml

Hi,
Could you please add VoiceXML mime type and add it to ClientCapabilityMap?
I'd be quite happy to do it, but don't have the CVS priveleges.
I also have a suggestion on the way client capabilities are recognised. Some of the public portals use the host name, eg : www.myportal.com would assume the client prefers html, wap.myportal.com would assume the client prefers wml, voice.myportal.com would assume the client prefers voicexml.
So if the web server is setup with corresponding virtual hosts, wouldn't it be sensible for the ClientCapabilityMap to use the host name in addition to the user agent name to decide the response type?
regards,
Manjuka