Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/23 20:05:05 UTC

[SITE] Champion documentation

Given the expansion in the Champion role that is being proposed, I
think it would make sense to include an entry for the champion role in
podlings.xml.

Also, it would make sense to publish the name of the champion in the
listing of podlings:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html

Not sure it needs to be a separate column.

Perhaps appropriate the "Apache Sponsor" column for the new role, i.e.
the title would become "Sponsor/Champion" and the contents would
contain

sponsor TLP
name of champion

Seems to me that the Champion role is closer to Sponsor than it is to Mentor.

Thoughts?

Re: [SITE] Champion documentation

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 November 2011 12:01, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Strong names, Champion, not strong names mentors. We would save a column
>>
>> As does re-using the Sponsor column which is what I propose.
>>
>> The reason I did not want to use the mentor column is the Champion is
>> not necessarily a mentor
>
> I read your initial e-mail like you want to put the champions name
> into the column of the sponsor.

Yes, I do.

> Are you saying you want to remove the sponsor and replace it with Champion data?

No, the Champion would be added below the Sponsor name on the next line.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 24 November 2011 11:34, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 12:00 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> We could make it <strong>?
>>
>> If necessary, but I don't see the need.
>
> Strong names, Champion, not strong names mentors. We would save a column

As does re-using the Sponsor column which is what I propose.

The reason I did not want to use the mentor column is the Champion is
not necessarily a mentor.

>>> A separate column would make it less readable imho
>>
>> It would make the page wider.
>
> Yes... thats would I think is not so good. I am one of these guys who
> never have their browser at fullsize

>>> Hm probably like this?
>>> Shindig (Surename Lastname)
>>
>> I don't like that, because the Champion is not necessarily directly
>> associated with the Sponsor.
>
> Currently it reads:
> "Where the Champion is not a Member of the Foundation (i.e. is an
> Officer only), the Champion shall be a member of the PMC of the
> Sponsor."
> http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion
>
> Actually I think every Champion should be a member of the Sponsor. In
> case of "Incubator"-Sponsor, did we ever had the situation that a
> Member championed but was not on the IPMC? If this is not the case I
> would prefer to rephrase this to:
>
> "The Champion shall be a member of the PMC of the Sponsor."
>
> Thoughts?

That proposal belongs in a separate thread.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: [SITE] Champion documentation

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 8:05 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Given the expansion in the Champion role that is being proposed, I
> think it would make sense to include an entry for the champion role in
> podlings.xml.

+1

> Also, it would make sense to publish the name of the champion in the
> listing of podlings:
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html
> Not sure it needs to be a separate column.

We could make it <strong>?
A separate column would make it less readable imho

> Perhaps appropriate the "Apache Sponsor" column for the new role, i.e.
> the title would become "Sponsor/Champion" and the contents would
> contain
>
> sponsor TLP
> name of champion

Hm probably like this?