Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Alberto Klocker <al...@bluereef.com.au> on 2015/08/24 07:16:05 UTC

Parent cache based on client proxy port

Hi,

Is it possible to configure what parent cache TS will use based on the port
the client connected to TS on?

*Alberto Klocker* | Software Developer | www.bluereef.com.au
*_________________________________________________________________*
*D: *+61 3 9895 8006 | *T*: +61 3 9898 8000 | @AlbertoKlocker

Re: Parent cache based on client proxy port

Posted by Miles Libbey <ml...@apache.org>.
Would this work?remap.configmap http://inbound.example.com:123/ http://origin.example.com:123/map http://inbound.example.com:456/ http://origin.example.com:456/

and parent.configdest_hostname=origin.example.com port=123 parent="originserver1.example.com:123, originserver1.example.com:123" round_robin=consistent_hashdest_hostname=origin.example.com port=456 parent="originserver1.example.com:456, originserver1.example.com:456" round_robin=consistent_hash
miles

Alberto Klocker | Software Developer | www.bluereef.com.au _________________________________________________________________D: +61 3 9895 8006 | T: +61 3 9898 8000 | @AlbertoKlockerPlease consider the environment before printing this email

Re: Parent cache based on client proxy port

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Aug 26, 2015, at 1:36 AM, Luca Rea <lu...@contactlab.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> take a look to the conf_remap plugin, perhaps it can be useful for your case use:
>
> ... @plugin=conf_remap.so @pparam=proxy.config.http.parent_proxy.file=custom_parent.config

That will unfortunately not work :-/. I think your best bet is to write a custom plugin that does the parent selection, at least until we get the Lua scriptlets designed and implemented. :)

— Leif

RE: Parent cache based on client proxy port

Posted by Luca Rea <lu...@contactlab.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alberto Klocker <al...@bluereef.com.au>.
HI Luca,

Thanks for the help.

I'm assuming you are refering to the map_with_recv_port directive. I'm not
sure on how to then link this to a parent.conf file.

I was hoping parent.conf's src_ip would allow something like 0.0.0.0:3128

Posted by Luca Rea <lu...@contactlab.com>.
Hi,
I suppose you can write different versions of the “parent.config” file and assign them on custom remap rules…