Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by pl...@netscape.net on 2002/11/07 23:21:30 UTC

Re: [velstruts] moving forward...  Was: Re: Book addressing Velocity Struts

"Nathan Bubna" <na...@esha.com> wrote:

>Gonzalo said:
>> How about support for floats?
>
>actually, that is more of a matter for Velocity proper, and not really in
>the scope of the Velocity-Tools subproject.

I can see your point, but there are so many issues about formatting a
float that I think a tool would be needed.

--
Paul Lynch
Aquilent, Inc.

Re: [velstruts] moving forward...  Was: Re: Book addressing Velocity Struts

Posted by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com>.
Paul said:
> "Nathan Bubna" <na...@esha.com> wrote:
> >Gonzalo said:
> >> How about support for floats?
> >
> >actually, that is more of a matter for Velocity proper, and not really in
> >the scope of the Velocity-Tools subproject.
>
> I can see your point, but there are so many issues about formatting a
> float that I think a tool would be needed.

there is a MathTool in the tools package
(http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-velocity-tools/tools/src/java/org/apa
che/velocity/tools/tools/) that can be used to deal with floats w.r.t  basic
math, rounding, etc.  if there are other functions you would like to see
added or if you would like a separate tool to deal more with the formatting
side of things, you can get things started by making a clear proposal or
sending a patch or code.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com