Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Axel Wagner <ax...@biobase.de> on 2000/07/11 17:29:46 UTC

Severe problem with $r->log_error

Hi,

I have a serious problem with the logging facility of MOD_PERL.
Something that once worked perfectly well suddenly turned quite.

I have tried all the logging statements from the eagle book, but
my error log file refuses to show any trace thereof.

I have also set the LogLevel to debug, but even with the following
I do not succeed:

my $rlog = $r->log;
$rlog->error('Message I try to print out');

nor with any of the following:

$r->log_error($msg);
$r->log->error($msg);

Not even a $r->log->debug(); works.

Only a brute warn() leaves a trace.

This is the identification of my server:

Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) PHP/3.0.16 mod_perl/1.24 mod_ssl/2.6.4
OpenSSL/0.9.5a

Help would be very appreciated.

Axel Wagner

Biobase GmbH     -    Mascheroder Weg 1B    -   D-38114 Braunschweig
phone: +49531/2603610                             fax:+49531/2603670
eMail: Axel.Wagner@biobase.de                  http://www.biobase.de

Re: Severe problem with $r->log_error

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Axel Wagner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a serious problem with the logging facility of MOD_PERL.
> Something that once worked perfectly well suddenly turned quite.
>
> I have tried all the logging statements from the eagle book, but
> my error log file refuses to show any trace thereof.
>
> I have also set the LogLevel to debug, but even with the following
> I do not succeed:
>
> my $rlog = $r->log;
> $rlog->error('Message I try to print out');
>
> nor with any of the following:
>
> $r->log_error($msg);
> $r->log->error($msg);
>
> Not even a $r->log->debug(); works.
>
> Only a brute warn() leaves a trace.

what is your LogLevel set to in httpd.conf?