Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Jens Syckor <js...@inf.tu-dresden.de> on 2004/09/16 12:41:36 UTC

cross-compiling apr

Hi,

I started configure script to cross-compile apr lib
but got the following error:

checking if setpgrp takes no argument
error: can not check setpgrp if cross-compiling

My question: Is it possible to cross-compile apr
and if Yes how can I modify it to preconfigure
setpgrp option?

Regards,
Jens

Re: cross-compiling apr

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 12:41:36PM +0200, Jens Syckor wrote:
> I started configure script to cross-compile apr lib
> but got the following error:
>
> checking if setpgrp takes no argument
> error: can not check setpgrp if cross-compiling
>
> My question: Is it possible to cross-compile apr
> and if Yes how can I modify it to preconfigure
> setpgrp option?

You can use a config.site file to pre-cache results for the configure
checks which are appropriate for the target rather than the host.  But
you will probably have to do a lot of work on the configure script since
it does not use AC_CACHE_CHECK everywhere it should do.

joe