Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Fuad Kamal <fu...@anaara.com> on 2013/04/22 22:59:50 UTC

how to uninstall apache flex sdk installer

What is the proper way to uninstall older versions of the Apache Flex SDK installer AIR application? When I try to install the current version on Mac OSX, I get an ambiguous error during installation ("Error# 2038").

If I install on another Mac with no previous version of the installer, it installs fine.  Dragging the old version into the trash and emptying it does not fix the problem, nor does trashing the plist preferences file from the library.

thanks

Fuad Kamal
Anaara LLC
www.anaara.com
240.515.7578 (m)
214.279.1890 (f)
twitter: @flexRonin
linkedIn: linkedin.com/in/anaara
photography: http://500px.com/fuad2
blog: http://fuadkamal.org

Re: how to uninstall apache flex sdk installer

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Are you on a Mac or Win?  What error are you getting?

-Alex

Posted by javig <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Fuad,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
If I understand you, you have built an AIR app and tried to install it
from the .dmg file on a Mac.  Something went wrong and you are stuck.

I've not dealt with this myself, but I found this article on the internet
[1].

HTH,
-Alex

[1] http://support.getklok.com/forums/15175/topics/22763

Posted by javig <ja...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Thank you for your response.
The thing is all url´s to connect with the server work fine. This is an
extended explanation:

I´m trying to install a simple flex air application in a Mac computer.
Firstly I tried the installation but it failed at the end because the
computer didn´t have the latest adobe air version (23.0.0).

After updating the adobe air, I tried the installation again and a pop up
appears showing "The same version of the application you opened already
exists on this system. Would you like to run the version already
installed?."

If I click on "Run now" nothing happens (because the application is not
really installed in the computer) and if I click on "Uninstall" y receive a

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Error #2038 usually means some unexpected problem trying to fetch data from
a server.  I don't think it is an uninstall-related issue.  I guess you
could try a network monitor to see what network URLs are being accessed and
see why it might fail.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team