Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> on 2013/08/28 13:47:12 UTC

Hadoop Yarn - samples

Hi,
I have just installed Hadoop 2.0.5 alpha version. I want to analyse how the Yarn resource manager and node mangers works. I executed the map reduce examples but i want to execute the samples in Yarn. Searching for that but unable to find any.  Please help me.

Thanks,
Manickam P

Re: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
you can follow this
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html

and build your own applications

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
you can follow this

--
Nitin Pawar

Re: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
you can follow this

--
Nitin Pawar

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Posted by Devaraj k <de...@huawei.com>.
Perhaps you can try writing the same yarn application using these steps.

http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html

Thanks
Devaraj k

Is there an example of running a sample yarn application that will only allow one container to start per host?

Punnoose, Roshan
Rashan.Punnrose@merck.com<ma...@merck.com>

On Aug 29, 2013, at 10:08 AM, Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>> wrote:

Take a look at the dist-shell example in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-applications/hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell/

I recently wrote up another simplified version of it for illustration purposes here: https://github.com/hortonworks/simple-yarn-app

Arun

On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>> wrote:

Hi,

I have just installed Hadoop 2.0.5 alpha version.
I want to analyse how the Yarn resource manager and node mangers works.
I executed the map reduce examples but i want to execute the samples in Yarn. Searching for that but unable to find any.  Please help me.

Thanks,
Manickam P

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates Direct contact information
for affiliates is available at
for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are
your system.

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Re: Hadoop Yarn - samples

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi Arun,
Thanks for your reply. Actually i've installed apache hadoop. The samples you shared looks like hortonworks so will it work fine for me? I got a doubt on this so asking here.

Thanks,
Manickam P

From: acm@hortonworks.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 07:08:00 -0700
To: user@hadoop.apache.org

Take a look at the dist-shell example in http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/trunk/hadoop-yarn-project/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-applications/hadoop-yarn-applications-distributedshell/
I recently wrote up another simplified version of it for illustration purposes here: https://github.com/hortonworks/simple-yarn-app
Arun
On Aug 28, 2013, at 4:47 AM, Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com> wrote:Hi,
I have just installed Hadoop 2.0.5 alpha version. I want to analyse how the Yarn resource manager and node mangers works. I executed the map reduce examples but i want to execute the samples in Yarn. Searching for that but unable to find any.  Please help me.

Thanks,
Manickam P

--Arun C. MurthyHortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICENOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any printing, copying, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or forwarding of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete it from your system. Thank You.

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples

Posted by Manickam P <ma...@outlook.com>.
Hi Arun,

RE: Hadoop Yarn - samples