Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Boris Yen <yu...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/16 04:09:02 UTC

Is nodetool upgradesstables a necessary step for upgrading from 0.8 to 1.0.

Hi,

Our cluster is currently running on 0.8.10, we plan on upgrading it to
1.0.x. We read the document from the datastax website, the final step is to
use nodetool upgradesstables. Since this command might take time to finish,
I wonder if this step could be skip? if I do not upgrade the sstables what
is going to happen?

Thanks
Boris

Re: Is nodetool upgradesstables a necessary step for upgrading from 0.8 to 1.0.

Posted by Boris Yen <yu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Aaron,

Thanks for the information. :)

Boris